It is well known that our industry’s pricing is driven by two main elements: quantity & amount of colours. In other words, the more units you print, the better the unit price and the more colours you use to print, the higher the unit price.
There are some basic guidelines worth keeping in mind:
(1) Wether you need to print 1 (one) unit or 100.000 units, set up costs are always the same and applicable in the same manner.
(2) The unit price (cost of print) doubles up with every colour you add in the printing process.
(3) Items requiring special handling carry additional cost (for example: a soccer ball needs to be inflated, printed and then de-flated).
(4) Quantities over 10.000 units call for price negotiation.
(5) Total cost of print (excluding set up costs / origination charges) has a minimum amount. In other words, if the total print cost of a job is less that the “minimum charge” in force, then the minimum amount is applicable.
(6) Dealing with us, pricing is always NET.
(7) Dealing with us always means crystal clear deals. Set up costs are kept separately from printing costs and there are absolutely NO ADDITIONAL OR HIDDEN costs.
(8) When the customer pays for his job’s printing plates or screens, these items automatically become his property and he can have them at any given time. We will never refuse giving these plates / screens to the customer, unless there is moneys owed to us.
(9) Artwork changes (after the screens or plates are made or for a future re-run) always result to new plates or screens and charged accordingly.