For many years, using a label was the usual and relatively cheap way – widely used world wide, in branding the container of a product or the product itself.
Pad Printing and Screen Printing was a much more expensive and not really industrialised enough branding avenue to be considered as an alternative.
That is why, most businesses in our industry kept on focusing on the commercial (promotional items & etc.) market rather than the industrial.
During the last decade, automated pad and screen printing machines became much more sophisticated, offering flexibility, high production rhythms and high print quality.
More and more industries nowadays, view these printing processes as the processes of the future and there are a couple of reasons why:
- Eliminates common problems associated with applying labels.
- Produces better results as a final presentation.
- Ink is more durable
- Ability to decorate on irregular or flat surfaces. (embossed, recessed, curved, concave, convex & rippled)
- Graphics are of higher quality
- Resolution is superior to other methods.
- Accurate and precise degree of registration for multiple color work
- Lower reject rate
- More versatile
- Economical, even for short run productions
- Equipment is adaptable to automation and application specific.
- Allows for in-register wet on wet prints for most substrates